Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Meet Memphis!

On Friday, February 27, 2009, Chris and I drove to Dacula, GA to pick up our newest family member, Memphis. He is an 8 weeks old English Cream Golden Retriever and is doing really well with getting adjusted to his new home. I just can't believe at how much they can soak up in a short amount of time. I will say it hasn't been all great, especially the first night, but the better days drown out the bad ones. 

I was really nervous about crate training and just letting him cry himself to sleep, but in the 4 nights that we have had him it hasn't been too bad. He is really starting to like his crate and is getting really comfortable with it. That makes Chris and I very happy. He is sleeping about 4 hours at a time at night which I feel is really great! 

The past few days his personality is really coming out. I think we are going to have a very playful dog as he gets older. Right now, he loves to chase his tail and once he gets it he does this crazy somersault holding his tail. It is the funniest thing to watch!! I am so very excited to watch him grow and really see what kind of personality he really has. Chris and I are really blessed to have such a great puppy! 

Take a look at the slideshow that I made of Memphis on my sidebar.

No comments: