Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Parents



For me this is a surprise to be writing about my parents. I say this because growing up in there house wasn't always easy. I was the baby of the family so I did have it a bit easier then my brother and sister, I guess I wish that I would have realized that when I was young. Instead of being such a pain in the a**. But my parents have always been there for me in all my doom and gloom. I just really want to say "thank you " to them. The choices that I have made in my past have not always been good ones and my parents just kind of let me figure that out for myself. Now don't get me wrong they always put their two cents in. And when I found myself in a bad situation they were always there to help me out. For that, I am really and truly grateful! I just hope that when I start having a family that I can be just like my parents. Our family in a whole aren't as close as I would like it, so that is why I am so happy that my mom and my dad keep close and involved even though I live 12 hours away.

My parents have laid a great foundation for me and my new marriage to Chris. Watching my parents love grow over the years and the devotion that they have for each other has made me want that for my marriage also. I have learned a great deal from them and now I am ready to use that in my life. So again 'THANK YOU" mom and dad for all the love and understanding that you gave me to grow into the woman that I am today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, your mother looks so familiar to me! She must have a twin here in WV somewhere!! ..and she looks so young!

Lindsey said...

SO beautiful Bethy!!! I had to get the kleenex for that one!! Those pics are gorgeous BTW.